The BEST Foundation is seeking an Assistant Director (AD) to oversee all aspects of tournament management and spearhead internal operations for the staff. The AD will pursue activities including but not limited to coordinating tournament logistics (hotel accommodation, venue, etc.), managing tournament software, organizing and moderating staff meetings and overseeing project timelines to ensure the leadership team meets all deadlines. Familiarity with the event rules and policies will be important as this person will help establish and enforce rule violation procedures as well recruitment for both judges and coaches. Additionally, this individual should coordinate with the Executive Director to establish a strategy around partner relations and engagement. A self-starting attitude and clear communication skills are important. This individual will report to the Executive Director and be based in Sofia, Bulgaria. Anticipated start date: February 2021 for a duration of 9 months-extendable.
- 2+ years in a project management role
- Demonstrated track record of effective project management, ideally in an international role. Previous BEST Foundation or non-profit experience is preferred, though not required.
- Logistics and operations experience
- Experience leading logistics and/or operations for large-scale events that require significant coordination with external vendors/partners.
- Technology orientation
- Familiarity with communication tools (Gmail, Google Drive, Slack) and comfort navigating other software platforms.
- Passion, Commitment and Understanding of Mission
- Strong mission orientation or a demonstrated passion related to BEST.
- Fluency in English (C1) and Bulgarian language (native)
An undergraduate degree is required.
- Embrace the mission, values, and culture of the BEST Foundation.
- Organize staff meetings and ensure deadlines are met and project workflows are continuously updated.
- Manage logistics for the tournaments and other BEST-related events (hotel accommodation, food, venue bookings, transportation, etc.).
- Assist in recruiting judges and coaches; help communicate registration details and important updates.
- Manage and prepare tournament platforms and software.
- Identify the best vendors and partners for event trophies, merchandise, and other BEST-related goods.
- Maintain an awareness of local laws regarding NGOs and important events affecting educational institutions.
- Assist the Executive Director with partner and community relations.
|Job Category||Entertainment, Management|
|How to apply||Send a cover letter and CV by January 15, 2021, to [email protected]|